Prof. (Dr.) Harpreet Kaur joined National Law University, Jodhpur as Vice-Chancellor on Sept 18, 2023. She had been a Professor of Law and Registrar at National Law University Delhi. She had joined National Law University Delhi as a Professor of Law in 2011 and took charge as the Registrar on Jan 28, 2022.
She has been a Fulbright Nehru Scholar at Emory Law School, Atlanta, USA in 2021 and Fulbright Scholar in Residence at Miami Dade College, Miami, USA in 2016. She served as the Chair Professor of Indian Studies at Leibniz University, Hannover, Germany. She is the Fellow of the International Visitor Leadership Programme on Competition Law sponsored by the US State Government in 2015.
She has been teaching Company Law, Securities Regulations and Competition Law. She also taught Law of Insurance and International Business Law at NLU Delhi. She co-taught Comparative Private Law at the Faculty of Law, University of Bergen, Norway. She is the Director of the Centre for Corporate Law and Governance. She is also heading the India Chapter of Daughters of Themis, an international network of women business scholars.
She has been Professor and Dean at the Institute for Integrated Learning in Management – Graduate School of Management, Greater Noida prior to joining NLU Delhi. She has developed and taught interdisciplinary courses on law for managers from different streams of management education, including international business laws and the legal aspects of retail and banking businesses.
1. Harpreet Kaur, A Textbook on "Business and Corporate Law" Published by LexisNexis Butterworths Wadhwa, 2013.
2. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, A Textbook on Competition Law, Eastern Book Company, 2012.
3. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, A Textbook on the Transfer of Property Act, Universal Law Publishers, 2005 (Editions 2008, 2014, 2016, 2019).
4. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, Introduction to Interpretation of Statutes, published by LexisNexis, 2001 (Editions 2005, 2009, 2014, 2020).
5. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, Introduction to Jurisprudence, published by LexisNexis, 2001 (Editions 2006, 2009, 2013, 2020).
6. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, Introduction to Industrial & Labour Laws, published by LexisNexis, 2002 (Editions 2008, 2014, 2017). The book is now published in two volumes. Vol I and Vol II have been published in 2022 and 2023 respectively.
7. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, Introduction to Law of Torts and Consumer Protection, published by LexisNexis, 2001 (Editions 2009, 2013, 2020).
8. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, Supreme Court Income Tax Judgments, Vinod Publications, 2000.
9. Harpreet Kaur & Avtar Singh, Legal Dictionary, Wadhwa Publishers, 2001.
1. “Handbook on Shareholder Engagement and Voting”, co-edited book, Cambridge University Press, Sept 2022.
2. “Women and Entrepreneurship in India: Governance, Sustainability and Policy”, edited book, Routledge, Sept 2021.
3. “Facets of Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility in India”, edited book, Springer, 2021.
4. Edited the textbook on ‘Law of Evidence’ authored by Avtar Singh, published by Central Law Publications, 2020.
5. Edited textbook on Law of Torts and Consumer Protection Act by MN Shukla, 18th edition revised in 2008, published by Central Law Agency.
Chapters in Edited Books:
1. Contributed the Chapter on “Corporate Fraud: Auditors’ and Managerial Liability” in Emerging Fraud: Fraud Cases from Emerging Economies, edited by Kiymet Tunca Caliyurt and Samuel O. Idowu, published by Springer, 2012.
2. Contributed the Chapter on “Contemporary Company Law Reforms in India” in Routledge Handbook of Corporate Law, edited by Professor Roman Tomasic, Professor of Law, School of Law, University of South Australia, published by Routledge, 2016.
3. Contributed the Chapter on “Securities Market in India: Regulation of Undesirable Practices by the Securities and Exchange Board of India” in the book ‘Regulations and Applications of Ethics in Business Practice’, edited by Kiymet Tunca Caliyurt and Jing Bian, published by Springer, 2018.
4. Contributed the Chapter “Achieving sustainable development goals in India” in Cambridge Handbook on Corporate Law and Corporate Governance, edited by Prof. Beate Kristine Sjåfjell and Prof. Christopher Bruner, published by Cambridge University Press, 2020.
5. Contributed that chapter on ‘Women’s Co-ownership of Property: Legal regime regarding sequestration under Insolvency Law’ in the book on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws: National and International Perspective, published by Thomson and Reuters, 2022.
E-mail : email@example.com;
Area of Interest.
- Company Law,
- Securities Regulations,
- Business Law,
- Investments Law,
- Competition Law and
- Consumer Protection.