Law Society [CLS], National Law University, Jodhpur is pleased to
announce the results of the 4th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay
Competition, 2019. CLS instituted the competition
in memory of Ms. Pranita Mehta, an extremely talented student of the
university who was always accorded laurels for her academic endeavors.
Please find below mentioned the list of topics and awards of the
1. A new world for corporate whistleblowers: Changes in the Insider Trading Laws in India.
2. The future of shares issued with differential voting rights in the Indian corporate regime.
3. Decriminalization of corporate offences in India: Should it be permitted?
4. The obligation to give back: The changing face of Corporate Social Responsibility in India.
1) First Price: Rs. 25,000/-
2) Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
3) Third Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
Below mentioned are the winners of the competition:
1st Prize: Chinmay Deshpande (Symbiosis Law School, Pune, Maharashtra)
2nd Prize: Dhanshree Sharma (Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala, Punjab)
3rd Prize: Priya Gupta (Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat)
In addition, the following students shall be awarded certificates of merit:
1) Eesha Bisht (Symbiosis Law School, Pune)
2) Prakriti Tripathi (Symbiosis Law School, Pune)
3) Sri Vaishnvi. M.N (Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakapatnam)
4) Asit Singh Baghel (National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata)
5) Ananya Satyaprakash Singh (University of Mumbai, SVKM’s Pravin Gandhi College of Law)
6) Manisha Gupta (South Calcutta Law College, Affiliated to Calcutta University)
7) Devika Warrier (Bharata Mata School of Legal Studies, Aluva, Kerala / MG University)
would like to profusely thank Ms. Rupinder Malik (Partner, J. Sagar
Associates, Gurgaon) for agreeing to judge the final entries of the
competition and incessantly supporting us in our endeavor. CLS is immensely grateful to Late Ms. Pranita Mehta's parents for sponsoring the prize money for the Competition.
We congratulate all the winners of the competition